Sunday, October 09, 2005

A world rich with good things

I've been very happy lately. Here are some of the reasons why:


My rabbit, Clover.

Clover used to live in a hutch like an ordinary rabbit. Then an old roommate built her a house and a play area in the basement. The way he set it up, she can come out any time she wants. When I go downstairs to do laundry, she dances around my ankles. It's the best way to do laundry, ever.





Sister Wendy.
I was looking at her book, 1000 Masterpieces. There's something very endearing about her. And I truly admire her. It must have been terrifying to emerge from the cloister to become an internationally recognized celebrity. But her passion for art and her faith in God kept her going. I find that inspiring.



A story I heard.




At my favorite artsy Jersey City cafe, the owner told me about a scientist who was probing an octopus with an electric shock thing. The octopus let him do it twice. But the third time the octopus grabbed the probe, hurling it back at the scientist like a spear.

For some reason, this delighted me. I couldn't stop smiling for hours.


These things speak to me. Nay, they sing with the voices of angels.


Oh, and also-- Monday is the last day of my soul-killing job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Curtis P. Sangamon said...

Funny I heard that same story except in the version I heard, the octopus asked the scientist for his number after the second time. I think I like your version better though.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Cheers to no more soul-killing jobs!

4:07 PM  
Blogger g said...

Yes! Ditto Miss Marisol! Savor your freedom. I'll be joining the club in January. I raise a glass to you, and wish you the best!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home