Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Dumb dialing

You know what sucks? When you hit the wrong name on your phone and call the wrong person. Especially if it's someone you don't want to call for a lot of reasons, and you're telephoning somebody else and you're in a good mood and the world's a great place. And then you look down and see that your phone (the traitor), the new phone just got last week that you still haven't figured out entirely, is actually calling the wrong person, someone you don't want to talk to, whose phone number you thought you'd deleted but apparently it was still on the sim card because there it is in the new phone, which you begin to suspect is demonic because you keep hitting the red button that should disconnect the call but it takes what seems to be minutes before it does actually disconnect.

So now this person thinks I've called and I haven't. Which of course makes me wish I could text and say, "Yo, that was a mistake."

But I can't. Obviously.

I can't figure out how to delete the number from the sim card, either. I changed it, though, so if it does get pressed accidentally again, it will be a wrong number.

Which I guess is what it always was.

4 Comments:

Blogger cs said...

You're back, huh? Well I've done the dumb dial the hard way: by actually punching in someone else's whole phone number when I meant to call someone else -- it's a bizarre moment when the person you called picks up, because you're completely expecting another voice. Disconcerting.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Cupcakegrrl said...

I know that one...and the one where you dial and then honestly can't remember who you were calling, so you start out, "Hey, it's me..." and hope that as the conversation progresses, you figure out who you're talking to.

2:19 PM  
Blogger JaG said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:41 PM  
Blogger g said...

Well, hello there! I kinda know the feeling, although I actually watch my fingers dialing & don't realize it's the wrong number until someone at my job answers & I have to tell them I was actually just trying to check my voicemail messages.

Glad you're back.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home