Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Unknown Country


Someone who reads my blog, according to Sitemeter, peeks in at it from an "Unknown Country."

Whenever I see that, I get happy chills.

It makes me hope for continents and poles yet undiscovered. Or even, on a non-geographical level, it makes me anticipate some great new adventure. Like a period of time when, every time I walked home, I'd imagine that there'd be a note left on my door. Who the note was from, or what it would say, was never clear. But I was always SURE it would be there, and that somehow through that note my entire life would change.

Once there was one, but it was just from the building super saying that there was going to be a firedrill the next night.

When I was a kid, I used to read Arthurian legends, and it was the appearance of the White Stag that used to herald great adventure.

So when I see the visitor from the Unknown Country, I get a tingle. (Peefer, I suspect that it's you--which of course would give me a tingle anyway.)

Unknown Country. Terra Nova. The white stag glimpsed in the woods surrounding the castle.

Ah.

9 Comments:

Blogger JillWrites said...

unknown countries also make me tingle.

and peefer.

peefer makes me tingle.

all the peefers.

9:26 PM  
Blogger cs said...

It could simply be our dear Vice President Dick Cheney.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

it's probably just a country too cheap to get its own internet access and is just mooching off of their neighbor's signal.

8:56 AM  
Blogger SRH said...

I imagine it is really not so much of a country as it is a "realm."

9:37 AM  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

I wonder what the passports look like.

1:10 PM  
Blogger m.a. said...

Perhaps it is a metaphor of a state of being?

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Better than giving you shingles, I suppose.

2:32 PM  
Blogger g said...

Just like the beginning of 'The Green Door' -- Adventure!

10:14 PM  
Blogger jude said...

unknown country! that's just lovely
sounds very fairytale-like to me

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home